martes, 12 de febrero de 2008

Reading on the top!

Remember my TV entry and how I think reading is better, well.. here is an article from the American Reader's Digest about it.


Read All About It

Maybe you've heard, while watching TV, no doubt: A second National Endowment for the Arts study in four years has found that Americans of all ages are reading for pleasure less than ever before. The finding - spanning fiction and nonfiction in books, magazines, newspapers and online - is bad news for those invested in the reading business.
But it's troubling for everyone. As the report notes, this trend has major implications beyond the written word: People who don't read by choice are less likely to succeed at work and less likely to be involved in civic life. So it was slightly encouraging to learn, around the time the NEW report was released, that sales at the nation's bookstores were up for the third straight month. Hopefully, that's sign we're set to start a new chapter.
See! Read, please. It's good for you!
P.S. I guess you noticed already how much I love reading haha!

1 comentario:

jazzman58 dijo...

I didn't know you were born in Tijuana! I was there more than 25 years ago and my brother and his family live there now, interesting.
Well, I like the way your blog looks and it's good to see you're being responsible keeping your blog up-dated. Thanks for that.