domingo, 17 de febrero de 2008

Twilight!

I'm going to dedicate this entry to the Twilight Saga and upcoming movie written by Stephenie Meyer.
[Disclaimer: I, by any means, don't own Twilight or any other book in the saga, nor the movie, it's all trademarked and property of Stephenie Meyer and the publishers, nor I'm related to her or them in anyway.]
As you already know, I'm an avid reader, deeply in love with books and the such, so everytime I go to the States I try to go to Barnes & Noble, Walden Books or Borders, pretty well-known libraries over there. Anyway, I'd seen this book called Twilight here in Sanborn's of which I'd read some good reviews and even though I felt curious about it, I didn't buy it.
While being in Corpus Christi, I went to Barnes & Noble and saw the book with the pretty cover called Twilight again, along with other two, one called New Moon and the last one Eclipse, out of my curiosity again, I just bought Twilight, read a few pages and left it aside. It wasn't until I was on the bus on my way back here that I grabbed the book and began reading again. I never would've guessed what happened then!
I couldn't put it down! at all!
I think I finished it in like 6 hours and it's a 500+ pages book, when I got to the last page, I realized I had to buy the sequel, 'cause it leaves you like "aaaaaaaaah! and then what? what's going to happen?!" The day after I got here I found out that New Moon had barely come out here, that same morning I went to Sanborn's and bought it, I finished it in a day, again a 400+ pages book. It became like an obsession hahaha, no, really. After that, I found out the production of the movie starts at the end of this month and it'll be in theatres by December.
So, I finished New Moon and Eclipse isn't out here yet, I searched and searched and finally found it online, again finishing it in like a day and a half and there's actually a fourth book coming out in the States in August, the finale to the saga, Breaking Dawn.
Good thing is I'm not alone in this "obsession" anymore, Daniela and Paty are in it haha, they totally loved the books too and are as excited as I am.
If you like popular fiction then this is going to be an incredible book for you too read and even if you don't like pop fiction, give it a try! I promise you won't regret it!
Here is some praise for Twilight (all from SM's site, I don't own this):
  • A New York Times Editor's Choice
  • A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
  • An Amazon "Best Book of the Decade...So Far"
  • A Teen People "Hot List" pick
  • An American Library Association "Top Ten Best Book for Young Adults" and "Top Ten Books for Reluctant Readers"
  • Has been translated into 20 languages
  • "Propelled by suspense and romance in equal parts [this story] will keep readers madly flipping the pages of Meyer's tantalizing debut."— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
  • "The novel's danger-factor skyrockets as the excitement of secret love and hushed affection morphs into a terrifying race to stay alive. Realistic, subtle, succinct, and easy to follow, Twilight will have readers dying to sink their teeth into it."— School Library Journal (starred review)

For more info on the Twilight saga, movie and other projects, visit: www.stepheniemeyer.com

No hay comentarios: