miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2008

Class Composition

Last week, I figure out what I want to do once I finish my career. I had always been a little confused and insecure about what would happen the moment I step out into the real-adult world amnd start surviving independently. I sort of knew I wanted to do a master's degree, yet the thought of staying in Tampico to do it wasn't that apppealing, so I realized I had to start looking at the possibility of moving to the US and do my master's there. Now, it was just a matter of doing some research and start planing for the future.

The first thing I did was to contact a friend that lives in Indiana and have him ask in his University if they have language or education master's. He called me a few days later telling me that they have both of them. I was thrilled!

Now, I had to start thinking about financial aid for school. I found a really good site online called International Scholarship Awards, they have a large directory of institutions that provide aid for students that want to move to another country and continue their education there.

Another thing I began to consider was having a place to live. I could take in a host program, that is living with a family that would take me in while I study or I could move in with my friend and share expenses, for that I would have to get a job and talk to him about it, yet I know that he'd be delighted with the idea of seeing each other again.

I feel very optimistic about my future now, well, you could say I feel more secure about what I'm going to do. It's something I have set my mind to do, so as an starter I have to save money. I still have a year left so it'll probably turn out for the best. I'm hoping it will!

No hay comentarios: